Quickly making a name for itself as one of Brisbane’s premium suburbs, Windsor has something to offer everyone. Its strong reputation, consistent growth and amazing location have all made it a suburb to watch.

Interested in learning more about what makes this suburb a stand out? We’ve done the investigation for you!

Keeping it Convenient

Located within 4kms from Brisbane’s CBD, Windsor is close to the city action, yet far enough away to maintain an idyllic suburban lifestyle. Residents are spoilt for choice when it comes to transportation. Surrounded by an assortment of train and bus lines there’s never any concern regarding travel. Prefer to drive? Take full advantage of Brisbane’s fantastic tunnel network just moments away or cruise through a quick suburban drive to be on the M1 in no time.

Within proximity of facilities such as Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane Airport and the Royal Brisbane Hospital, employment opportunities are thriving in a variety of industries. But it’s not all work and no play! Venture along Newmarket Road and you will be greeted with a variety of delis, banks and grocers. Not satisfied? Nearby in Lutwyche there is Centro shopping centre, home to an abundance of nationally renowned retail stores.

Entertainment

Take a leisurely walk around town and find yourself charmed by Windsor’s incredible access to numerous cafes, bakeries, bars and retail stores. With Brisbane showgrounds, Victoria Park Golf Course and Fortitude Valley all conveniently located near the town’s outskirts there’s something to keep everyone entertained. Want to think like a local? Residents love paying a visit to the famous Breakfast Creek Hotel, or to increasingly popular spots such as Fritzenberger and Quincy’s.

Diverse Demographics

The array of amenities at Windsor’s disposal attracts diversity amongst residents. About 45% are owner occupiers with the remaining 55% renting. The average age group of residents is 20 – 39, with 64% singles and 36% families in the area (Domain.com.au). It’s safe to say that investors commonly frequent Windsor open homes for its low vacancy rates and quality capital growth.

Residents range from students, to young families, to white collar workers. However, there is a heavy lean towards dual income couples with no children. The average weekly household earnings in Windsor are well above the state average yet the suburb is still more affordable than some of its neighbours (ABS).

Market Trends

Looking to buy an investment property in Brisbane? Windsor could be the place for you. Due to its attractive postcode, Windsor tends to achieve a higher average weekly rental price than surrounding suburbs such as Grange, Wilston, Gordon Park and Alderley (Residential Tenancy Authority, Queensland at March 2019).

If you are looking to buy, the median property prices currently sit at $810,000 for houses and $375,000 for units. Buyers may be up against some strong competition though, as demand is very strong. Properties in Windsor receive almost 3 x the number of online visits than the Queensland average (Realestate.com.au May 29th, 2019).

According to exclusive data that McGrath Estate Agents receives from Domain.com.au, renters and buyers looking in Windsor favour configurations with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Over 55% of searches for rentals with a property feature, included the word ‘pet friendly’.

Buyers searching in this suburb tend to seek out properties with pools and air conditioning, something to consider if you plan to add value to a property in Windsor (Data from October 2018 – March 2019).

Windsor covers all the bases in terms of lifestyle, location and opportunities. With that in mind, if you’re looking to move or invest don’t pass up on Windsor as a great Brisbane option.

The Craig Lea Team specialise in selling homes in Windsor, Wilston, Grange and surrounding suburbs and often have exclusive off market opportunities. If you are in the market to buy please reach out to us, we would love to help you find your dream home or investment property. If a sale may be on the cards, it may be worth chatting to the highly acclaimed and multi award-winning McGrath Wilston team, who focus purely on customer service and client satisfaction.

Craig Lea - Sales Agent | McGrath - Wilston

Craig Lea is fascinated by the way real estate underpins most people’s lives. He appreciates the passion we have for it and how it is often a key topic of conversation for many. This, combined wi… View full profile